Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peachy Salmon Inspiration

I was so inspired by the colours in my Little Hands, Little Feet layout, I thought I'd use up the scraps on a card.

Sometimes I find it difficult to switch between scrapbooking and stamping. I will do one for awhile and then another, but I find it hard to do them intermixed if that makes sense. I know that they use a lot of the same product and tools, but somehow I still see them as so different. I'm not sure if I can explain it. I get going with layouts and can throw pictures together, but then I go to make a card and don't know what technique to use or how to put it together. I recently ordered a bunch of the Annie's Attic books and so far I am very impressed. I ordered one of the Sketch ones (there are several different ones) and so I grabbed it and just flipped it open to a page and decided I'd use that sketch.


And yes, I know, there are tons of free sites on the Internet where I can look at Sketches, why would I buy a book? Well, because I like to touch and feel things and I want to be able to flip the book open and just make what is there. And my computer is not in my craft room and when I'm not feeling creative, if I get on my computer, I'll end up just playing online instead of crafting. So, I bought the book.

I struggled a bit, but overall, I really like how the card turned out. The Eiffel Tower is cut out using the Cricut (Wall Decor cartridge) and the word image is a Tim Holtz stamp. I used the Distress It All (it seems to be my Go To tool lately) and Paris is just from a cheap alphabet set I got at Michaels.

No comments:

Post a Comment