Saturday, February 12, 2011

Nathalie Flowers

I sat down and scrapbooked yesterday. I was on a roll and got a few pages done. And I liked them. All is good in the world. The stars and the moon are aligned and the pages are starting to come!

I have barely started Nathalie's album and I've been somewhat stuck. I never know how to start the kids albums. There is so much going on when they are first born and what order to I put it. There are a thousand possibilities and it overwhelms me. Yesterday, I just pulled out Eric & Kayla's first albums and flipped through the first layouts and started re-creating them for Nathalie. I had bought a family tree sheet and wrote the names on that. Check, that was done. Then I needed something to go beside it, so I thought I'd do her name page.

I'm all into quick scrapbooking, but it's fun to play once in awhile and do something more detailed. I was all about playing yesterday! I started just ripping paper and placing it and making it work. Originally, I wanted the page to be brown and green to match the family tree page, but Nathalie was wearing a pink outfit in the photo, so it morphed into pink and brown. And it worked out. I quite like those colours together and frankly, after doing so many layouts in Eric's album, I was sick of those colours. I'm excited to do pinks and purples again.

I've been playing more with my Cricut lately and so I just putzed around and started making flowers which I added. I tried various combinations, but in the end, stayed with the dark brown and pink. And when I finished, I really liked how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment