Sunday, February 20, 2011

Published

I received a copy of the latest "Stampers Sampler" magazine last week. It's always exciting to get one of those in the mail since I don't subscribe because it means I have a card published.

I actually had two of them published along with some friends from my local stamp club: PMS (Pretty Mean Stampers). Each year, we do a challenge. We choose one stamp and create a bunch of cards using that one stamp and then I send them into "Stampers Sampler" for their Different Point of View Challenge. We've done this for the past several years and as a club, we've been published twice. We've also had several member's cards published too.

I had included 5 of my cards and when I went back to see which ones I had sent, I shook my head as they published the uglier cards of the ones I submitted. It always seems to be that way. They never publish the card I love; it's always the one I don't like. I used to only send in cards that I loved, but now I send anything in because I never know what they will like. I encourage anyone to submit; the free magazine is definitely worth it.

As I'm not allowed to post the cards, I will just post an old card that I really like. I made it for a class I taught a couple of years ago. The background was a simple resist technique and then I just used Distress Inks overtop. I stamped the pear in Chalk Ink and was surprised to find that the Versamark resisted the Chalk Ink too! (Background & Pears by A Stamp in the Hand; Words by Amuse).

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I've always wanted to be published, just haven't had the guts to submit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tasha. Your stuff is gorgeous and you should definitely submit it. They will publish it for sure!

    ReplyDelete