Friday, February 11, 2011

New Paper makes me so Happy

People look at my craft room and always tell me I have so much stuff.

They are totally right, although I always say that compared to many of my friends, I don't have much at all. But I like to keep it all somewhat neatly contained in my room, so I'm running out of space. Which just means I need to buy more organizing things, right?

I had an hour to kill the other day and needed to pick up my scrapbook scans from my favorite scrapbook store, Scrapbook, Memories & More and so I thought I'd shop. I had just put up my Christmas portraits (yes, I've had them for 2 months and hadn't put them up yet) and the school pictures for the kids. That meant that I needed to scrapbook the photos I took out. I keep a separate album (which is actually caught up!) for all the "professional" portraits that I have of the kids. I started this just over a year ago and it's very nice to have all of those in one spot. I have 4 photos for each Christmas session now, though, so I figured I'd just buy new paper so that I could have stuff that coordinated and I didn't have to dig through my paper and try to find 4 sheets of the same paper.

I found some pretty brown and cream striped paper and some coordinating brown cardstock. Then I hit the motherload and found some red glitter paper which I figured would match the red dresses Kayla & Nathalie wore. I was even more excited when the awesome lady at the store told me that I could cut it with my Cricut. I was sold! I bought a bunch of other paper with specific layouts in mind which was fun and I was excited and motivated to get going again.

So, that night, I sat down and whipped off the 4 pages pretty quickly. They are very plain, but I still like them. I basically just matted the photo and cut out the name from the glitter paper and stuck it all down. It's very simple, but I still really like them. And the best part: I did all 4 pages in less than an hour (really quite a bit less I'd say).





I'm always so amazed at how getting new paper, or a new tool or something can make me so excited and get me back into it. Of course, it doesn't always work, but it's worth a try!

I have more posts coming (I know I've been absent). I have been back in the groove and have more to show (yeah!!). I'm going to try to get a couple posts ahead so that if I don't get here every day, I can still keep up with what I've been making.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you Jacquie paper is one of the simple joys in life - people think I'm nuts now when I get excited about paper. Can you imagine what people will think when we get old and senile and were excited about a piece of paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Melanie. There is just something about paper. I just need to start using it instead of hoarding it.

    ReplyDelete