Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweet Pea

I love this little stamp by Amuse; it's a little baby pea and there is a coordinating word stamp which says "Sweet Pea." I used these on my birth announcements for Nathalie and thought they were so cute. I decided my next layout would be the one with her birth announcement. I had an 8x10" photo which I wanted to use since it was the one we sent out in her birth announcements.

So, the first page was done. Wow. That was easy. I had a cool vellum overlay and I just put a picture of her on that and it looked pretty good. On the other side, I had the birth announcement, but that was it. I looked back at Eric & Kayla's albums, but the pages I had with their birth announcements didn't really work for this one, so I was on my own.

I didn't know what else to put on the second page other than the announcement. There wasn't a whole lot else to say, and I kept staring at the mostly blank page when I had an idea. I figured, I'd just print a graphic on it like the sweet pea on the announcement, so I searched for images. Unfortunately, most of the hits were of actual sweet pea flowers, but there was this one image of a sweet pea made from paper which I thought was so cute, so I decided to just make my own and I was quite excited at how it turned out. I used an oval for the pod (although I trimmed it a bit to make it more oval; I wanted a more pointed end, but I'm useless with scissors, so I just left it alone and figured it was good enough). Then I cut the little head from the DoodleCharm Cricut cartridge and cut green shadows. I inked the edges and put it altogether and was quite pleased with the result. I cut the words Sweet Pea and added them to the first page.


No comments:

Post a Comment