Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Distress Felt

Awhile ago, I did Distressed Felt as my monthly technique.

You use Cut & Dry Felt (not Foam) and create your own custom ink pad using Distress Inks. Just put some ink in a line along a small section of the felt and repeat with 2-3 coordinating colours. It's quite fascinating because the ink will spread, but it won't cross over into the next section (I learned a variation of this technique from Tim Holtz' first set of the 12 Tags of Christmas). In the end, you end up with a custom variegated ink pad. It's awesome!! I then spritzed mine with a little bit of water and used it to swipe directly across my paper to create a cool background. I have a bunch of them and I just store them in a ziplock bag.

Anyway, here is one of the cards I made using this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment