Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sledding

I was so excited when I ripped open this month's paper pack. It is Winterland by Fancy Pants and it had some gorgeous and very cute paper in it. Not cutsie cute which I am so not into, but just cute.

I was talking to some friends once about the difference between cutsie cute and cute and the best difference I could come up with is that I don't like cutsie cute but I like cute. I know, that's really helpful, but it is what it is.

I ordered brads to go along with the kit and after doing three pages, I realized that I hadn't actually used the brads, so I pushed on and worked at a way to incorporate them. And then it just came together.

The bottom two strips of paper are part of one page in the kit which has a variety of border type strips on it. The curved one is actually curved and I just arranged the pictures so they would go underneath the curve and follow the line. It made me feel like we were sliding down a hill.

The mittens at the top are part of the paper and I just punched holes for the brads and then sewed with embroidery floss over the lines of strings. In the end, I actually really liked how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment