Friday, January 20, 2012

Maiden Mackenzie

It was my niece's 6th birthday on Monday and my sister is having a Maidens & Knights party tomorrow. So, today I headed to her place to make the cake. She wanted to do castle cake. Ironically, it was the same cake we made about 6 years ago when we first started this crazy cake decorating thing and thankfully we've come a long way from 6 years ago!!

We've given up on icing because no matter what we do, we can never get it to look nice and we discovered fondant which seems to be so much easier.

Here is our cake from 6 years ago (we were so proud of it then; but now I'm somewhat embarrassed)
Today's cake went pretty fast. I remember doing that other cake and it took us all day. Seriously all day. Of course, we had little babies back then too. Today I think we did it in 3 hours which is pretty good for us. So, here is today's cake.

Then she had the bright idea to make a dragon cake. Her MIL had given her instructions and they didn't look too tough and we did have cake leftover. In the end, I think it turned out pretty cute.


Of course, now I'm exhausted and need to rest up for the 16 kids who are going to be playing Knights & Maidens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment