Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grandma's Love

This marks my 31st post this year (every day). I'm excited that it's turned into more of a routine and that I can share what I've been making.

I often look through magazines for inspiration when I'm scrapbooking. I will often find a layout where I like an element or two and that will give me a push to do my own. Sometimes, I create almost the same layout. I like to be creative, but sometimes I find it takes a few days of scrapbooking or stamping before I can just let go and create wildly. The past couple of weeks have been really stressful and so I've been copying layouts and ideas more.

This layout was one I saw in a magazine (and old Simple Scrapbooking magazine; man I miss that magazine). It was simple, but worked for the two 4x6 photos I had. I used a paper pack just so I could find a border that coordinated with the paper. The colours are way out of my comfort zone, but I'm happy with how it turned out. You have to have some brightness to a little girl's album, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment