Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm feeling Motivated

I was at my Pretty Mean Stampers Christmas Social on Friday night which was so fun. It was really relaxed and we had a great meal and did our gift exchange. Last year, we switched to a gift card exchange. We fill in a form about our interests and favorite places and we get a gift card to one of those. The trick is that you are supposed to wrap up your gift card so that it represents the card.

I bought a Homesense gift card for my person and I found a little notebook that said, "I want it all and I want it in chocolate." I put the gift card in the little book and then stood it up in a little dish and wrapped it in clear cellophane. I wish I had taken a picture of it. I received a Banana Republic gift card (which I am so excited about) and she made it into an awesome little book. Someone made a paper version of a Starbucks card and when you pulled the top out, there was a gift card. Such original ideas and I loved them. I left that night, so inspired. I really want to craft (but I'm behind in paperwork and I NEED to get caught up first).

So, here's hoping I can focus today and get it done so I can scrapbook tomorrow!! I really want to get stuff done and I'm motivated.

In the meantime, here is a quick card I did for my technique club before Christmas. It's a technique called Stained Distress. I've done this technique with my Distress Ink pads before, but this gives you a way more intense colour. Put some Distress Stain on your craft sheet. You want two or maybe three colours. Spritz with some water and then place a piece of white matte cardstock in the puddle. Pull and smear it and when you lift it up, you'll have a very cool background.

3 comments:

  1. Great technique. I really like the card that you made. I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! Sounds like PMS is a fun group.

    ReplyDelete