Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our Family

I have been busy and haven't had as much time for scrapbooking, but I started to get back into the groove the other night. I started a layout, but was struggling a bit, so I just left it. I normally can't leave anything half way through. I'm way too Type A, but for some reason, I seem to be able to do it when I'm scrapbooking. You would think the logical thing to do would be to sit down, start a layout, work until it's done and then clean up. Instead, I'll work on a layout and then walk away part way through (especially if I'm struggling). Then I'll pick it up the next day and often times finish it and start a new one. I know I don't have time to finish the new one, but I start it and walk away when it's partly done. By doing this, I find I'm motivated to get in my craft room the next day because I've already started.

Anyway, I was working and finishing a layout last night and I started a family one and it just came together which always feels great. I added a couple pieces of patterned paper and then just kind of liked the simplicity. I was going to walk away at that point, but I started looking through my rub ons and found a perfect title and then a couple of stickers from the paper pack I was working with and all of a sudden it was done and I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment